Introduction

 Hi everyone!

My name is Taylor, I'm a Bio major at UAF. I live here in Fairbanks and I work as a phlebotomist at the Fairbanks Memorial Hospital. 

If I wasn't majoring in Biology already I probably would have ended up majoring in one of the many forms of art. I have always enjoyed trying to be creative and using art as a outlet to express myself. In my free time I sometimes enjoy painting. I usually use acrylic paint on canvas. If you count dance as an art form, I also used to be a dancer when I was a child all the way through high school. I really enjoyed the discipline and structure of dance. It was always worth it to be able to wear the costumes and perform on stage after hours and hours of practice and rehearsals.  

I have always been fond of Vermeer's painting Girl with a Pearl Earring. I just love how the familiarity captured in gaze of the girl draws you in. 

Here is a link to a website that has art illustrations as they relate to fashion (another art form that I find interesting). 


Comments

  1. I danced until I was 30, and then my knee just couldn't take it any more. I love Vermeer's work. One of my neighbors has a reproduction of "The Girl with the Pearl Earring" in her living room. It is a wonderful centerpiece. Good start to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Taylor. "The Girl with the Pearl Earring" is a very warm piece indeed, almost soothing. And dance is totally an art form in my book. I look forward to hearing more of your perspective on art in your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping Alaska healthy Taylor! I like this painting too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment